Forum Bugs

page breaking problems

jeric
Hi,

We have a problem with page breaking, our tables consist of multiple tbody elements and we want all tr's in each tbody to be grouped together as much as possible, therefor we have a 'page-break-inside: avoid' on each tbody.
But this results in the following pdf (generated with free princexml 6.0 rev 3, but the same problem exists in our prince 5):

http://eric.nitrate.nl/test_pdf.pdf (pdf is generated from this: http://eric.nitrate.nl/test_pdf.html html file)

If a tbody with page-break-inside: avoid cannot be placed on one page the tr's which don't fit on the last page are each given their own page! This results in 5 pages instead of 2.
mikeday
Sorry, I don't think that there is much we can do about this for the time being. Setting page-break-inside to avoid only really works well for things that are shorter than a page. If the tbody is longer than a page then it is going to have to get broken somewhere anyway, and the page-break-inside: avoid won't help.

Update: It turns out that we might be able to do something about this for the next maintenance release of Prince 6.0, due for release early next month.
mikeday
The new maintenance release is out, and it should solve the tbody page breaking issue that you reported. Let us know how it goes! :)
jeric
Hi Mike,

I retested it with our testcase (see previous post).
But it seems the problem is still there. It still generates 5 pages instead of 2.
For us this is a really annoying bug since it causes the reports for our customers to be very unreadable.

Kind regards,

Eric
mikeday
Please verify that you are really using Prince 6.0 rev 4 by running "prince --version", as when I try it here on your sample document it only takes two pages.
jeric
Hi Mike,

It seems that me and a colleague of mine where sleeping when retesting this with 6.0r4 ..
We re-retested and the problem is indeed fixed. I guess we were looking at the wrong generated files or something like that, sorry for the trouble and thanks for fixing the problem.

It looks like we're going to upgrade 6.0r4 soon.

Kind regards,

Eric