Forum Bugs

Support for CMYK TIFF and JPEG images in prince

amit
Hi,

We understand from the Prince roadmap that Support for CMYK TIFF and JPEG images is not implemented yet? Any idea when this will be implemented?

Also I want to know what colors does Prince support for images?
For ex: grayscale tif/jpeg, line-art images, RGB, Pantone, etc?

Regards
Amit.
mikeday
At the moment RGB and grayscale images are supported, CMYK is on the roadmap for support in a future release.
amit
Hi,

I tried Grayscale JPEG images and passed through PDF-X1a distiller settings and it worked. The output was PDF/X1a compliant PDF.

But when I used "Grayscale TIF" images and passed the prince output PDF through PDF-X1a distiller settings, the PDF/X1A compliant result was false and did not create any PDF.

The log showed RGB color space error, but the images when checked were Grayscale tifs.

Does prince support Grayscale TIF?

Regards,
Amit.
mikeday
It looks like they are being converted to RGB when Prince loads them, so probably only grayscale JPEG images will remain grayscale when embedded in the PDF file. I'll add this issue to the development roadmap.
jsweetman
Hi

I keep checking the roadmap and to my dismay support for CMYK images seems to keep being pushed further and further down. We purchased the Prince server edition over a year ago now and we have not been able to use it to it's full potential because of this CMYK issue. Is there any chance of making it a higher priority?

Thanks!

<><

mikeday
Yes, the first step is to remind us of the issue as you have just done. :)

Looking around I'm not sure if we even have any CMYK images to hand, so if you could email me (mikeday@yeslogic.com) a couple of sample images in the format that you plan to use that would go along way to ensuring that the feature will be in the next maintenance release.
mikeday
Today we have released Prince 6.0 rev 7, which includes support for CMYK TIFF and JPEG images.
somnath
Hi,

I've come across with a problem mentioned earlier. PDF with Grayscale JPEG images created through Prince 7 passed through PDF-X1a distiller settings but when "Grayscale TIF" images were used, it did not.

Have anyone noticed the same?

Somnath.
mikeday
Right, grayscale TIFF images are being expanded to RGB. I'll see if we can fix this for 7.1.
mikeday
We've fixed this issue in Prince 7.1, and grayscale TIFF and PNG images should now be embedded as-is and not expanded to RGB.