Forum How do I...?

background images not rendering in tables with Prince8

hmcMikeJ
We just updated to Prince 8 from 7 & we're now experiencing issues with background images within tables. Prince 8 is not rendering the image that 7 did. If I replace the table tag with div tags it functions properly - this is fine for new templates but we don't want to have to update the massive amount of legacy templates. What can we do?

Here's a code sample:

++ HTML ++
<table width="100%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" border="0" class="topBannerPage1 redTheme"> <tr>
<td valign="top">
<div class="title">Four score and seven years ago our fathers brought forth on this continent, a new nation,</div>
<div class="titleOverview">Now we are engaged in a great civil war, testing whether that nation, or any nation so conceived and so dedicated, can long endure. We are met on a</div>
<div class="pageType">Large/Default Font Size Option</div>
</td>
</tr>
</table>

++ CSS ++
.topBannerPage1 {
margin: 0px 0px 12px 0px;
color: #fff;
background-color: #231f20;
background-position: bottom;
background-repeat: no-repeat;
}

.redTheme { background-image: url(../images/topBannerRed.png); }

.title {
font-size: 21pt;
line-height: 26pt;
max-height: 72px;
margin: 5px 130px 5px 20px;
overflow: hidden;
}

.titleOverview {
font-size: 13pt;
line-height: 15pt;
max-height: 43px;
margin: 5px 130px 10px 20px;
}

.pageType {
color: #000;
font-size: 11pt;
line-height: 15pt;
max-height: 20px;
margin: 5px 130px 2px 20px;
}

Edited by hmcMikeJ

mikeday
What size is the image topBannerRed.png? I haven't been able to find any difference between Prince 7.1 and Prince 8.0 with the sample code that you have provided.
hmcMikeJ
The image is 721px x 108px
mikeday
Sorry for the delay, I was confused. There is a bug affecting background images on tables in Prince 8.0. The bug will be fixed in Prince 8.1.
mikeday
Prince 8.1 is now available for download, and fixes this bug affecting table background images. Thanks for letting us know! :)