Forum Bugs

Odd behavior with page background

Alex McKee
I'm working on a project, A3 poster. I've got a background color declared on @page like so.

@page {
size: A3 landscape;
margin: 0;
padding: 0;
background: #261826;
}

The result looks like:

I was wondering why it didn't cover the entire page so came looking for some reason why it's occurring but couldn't find any on here. I apologize if I overlooked something.

If I style the html element with the same background color as well, like so:

html {
background: #261826;
}

Then I get this:

Problem solved I thought, but concerned about how it will print I decided to take a look at what happened if I added crop and cross marks:

Clearly it's still not filling up the page background. So I decided to try adding a bleed. The results were weird so below there's an image of a slightly exaggerated bleed (2cm) which is for illustration of the oddness only.

Prince is a fabulous program and I've been thoroughly enjoying using it which is why I decided to try doing a poster.

I've never encountered these problems at A5 or A4 but at A3 it seems to not be filling up the background if it's set to landscape. If set to portrait it seems to be OK.

Thanks for your time and I apologize in advance if it's something simple that I've overlooked but I can't think what it could be.
mikeday
That's hilariously wrong, it seems that the fixes for landscape page rendering and page background rendering have interacted badly to create a monster! :)

We will fix this promptly. In the meantime, a workaround would be to specify a portrait page size that is the same as landscape A3, eg. "size: 420mm 297mm".
Alex McKee
mikeday wrote:
That's hilariously wrong, it seems that the fixes for landscape page rendering and page background rendering have interacted badly to create a monster! :)

Phew, I thought it might be something I was doing wrong! :)

mikeday wrote:
We will fix this promptly. In the meantime, a workaround would be to specify a portrait page size that is the same as landscape A3, eg. "size: 420mm 297mm".

Thanks very much. Sounds like a good workaround which I hadn't considered.
mikeday
We have fixed this bug in Prince 7.0, beta version available now.