Forum Bugs

ubuntu 10.04 (LTS, 64bit), SVG rendering

paul.chilton
Hi,

We are migrating from Ubuntu 8.04 to 10.04, and not having much success with PrinceXML. Currently licensed the 6.0 rev 8 server edition. Getting error messages around GLIBC versions, with the static installation of PrinceXML. No dynamic version for 6.0 available on the download page.

We have tried installing 7.1 static edition (no joy, same problems with GLIBC mismatches), and 7.1 dynamic version. Some success with the dynamic version, however get the following messages when trying to render a file with a SVG file within it:

warning: svg: path: command C/c: (x1 y1 x2 y2 x y)+ required.

We have installed most debian packages that mention SVG. Has anyone had any success with Ubuntu 10.04 where SVG files are involved, and if so what packages were used? If we can get 7.1 working would look at getting a support contract to upgrade to it, ideally it would be a supported platform, otherwise will have to revert back to Ubuntu 8.04.

Cheers,
Paul C
mikeday
This SVG error is not related to any package installation, it is caused by an invalid command in an SVG path. If you post the SVG here or email it to mikeday@yeslogic.com I can take a look what is going wrong.
mikeday
The error is caused by a number in scientific notation, "10e-4", that is not supported properly in Prince. We will fix this bug in the next release.
paul.chilton
Resolved :D

Switched out occurances of 10e-4 with 0.001 in the SVG file. Looking forward to next release.

Appreciate the quick response and solution!
vargenau
paul.chilton wrote:
Resolved :D

Switched out occurances of 10e-4 with 0.001 in the SVG file. Looking forward to next release.

Appreciate the quick response and solution!

Hello,

I suppose 0.0001 will be better.

Regards,
paul.chilton
Ah.... would be correct at 0.0001

Did not pick it up visually in the rendered PDF documents. But will correct my SVG files nevertheless. :)
Chris Lilley
While happy to hear that the content workaround was successful, I nonetheless look forward to hearing that this implementation bug has been fixed.
mikeday
It's fixed in the next release, along with some other SVG improvements.
mikeday
Prince 8.0 beta is now available, with a fix for this bug and other SVG improvements.