Forum Feature requests

Support for Thai

scottblaine
I read in a couple forum posts that Thai is not currently supported but is being considered for future versions. Has support for Thai been tied to any version (e.g. 7.0, 7.x, etc.)? I ask because I couldn't find it on the roadmap.
mikeday
Prince 7.0 will include support for Arabic, Hebrew, Hindi and other Indic scripts, and Thai should make an appearance in Prince 7.1. Are you interested in formatting documents with Thai text? Features that people want get done faster. :)
scottblaine
We would love to be able to use Thai text. It happens to be one of our more popular languages. Do you have a rough estimate on when 7.1 would be available? We'd probably be willing to try an alpha version even, we're using the 7.0 alpha for Arabic/Hebrew and that's serving us very well.

Thanks for the quick reply :)
mikeday
Okay, I've added this to the roadmap, and we'll start work on it as soon as we've finished the various font-related items remaining for Prince 7.0. At this point it's difficult to give a date as to when an alpha version would be ready for use, though.
scottblaine
No problem, I figured it couldn't hurt to ask. Thanks!
mikeday
Okay it did take seven years, but Prince latest builds now support Thai line-breaking using libthai! :D
jim_albright
Congratulations!

Jim Albright
Wycliffe Bible Translators