Forum Documentation

Documention for ActiveX interface

Anonymous
The documentation for the ActiveX interface is a little... well, too summarized if you ask me :)

In the readme.txt for the Java interface, I see that a call to Convert can also accept two streams. What I want to do is convert an XHTML to PDF and put the PDF directly into the Response stream in an ASP application. This should in theory be possible since Response implements the IStream interface, which is accessible from within the programming language the ActiveX interface was written in.
mikeday
The Prince ActiveX interface does not yet support writing the PDF output directly to an IStream.

However, this would be quite useful to be able to do, especially within ASP as you described, so we will endeavour to add this functionality to the next release of the ActiveX interface.

Best regards,

Michael
Anonymous
Then will you also support input streams for the XHTML and the CSS?
mikeday
We can support reading the XML/XHTML input from a stream, but the CSS still has to come from separate files, unless it is embedded within the XHTML in a <style> element.
Anonymous
Could you please verify if input XTML /XML stream could be used instead of file in .net application similar as in Java.
Currently in example you provided for ASP, input string for convert method is HTML file.

Thank you.
mikeday
Hi sophia,

We will add support for reading the XML/XHTML input from a stream to the next version of the ActiveX/COM interface, which is also usable from .Net.

Best regards,

Michael