Forum How do I...?

Server configuration

sstanelle
Hi,

I am trying to configure Prince to run on our SSL-enabled server. I have Prince installed on the server. In addition, I created an HTTP user/password and set it on the PDF converter instance. I also added the same user to the web site security.

So....the PDF generates, but it is unformatted and not images, only unformatted text.

Any ideas on what I may be missing? I am using a self-signed certificate. Do I need to some how tell Prince about that?

Thanks,

Scott
mikeday
Are there any errors or warnings in the output log about being unable to load images or style sheets?
sstanelle
Hi Mike,

There were errors/warnings regarding inaccessible images and style sheets. Hence, the unformatted PDF. After some trial and error, I was able to get it to work by switching authentication modes in IIS from Windows to Basic. I would, however, prefer to use Windows Authentication. Do you know of a way to do this?

Thanks,

Scott
mikeday
Prince doesn't support Windows Authentication at this time. If Prince is running on the same server, perhaps it can access the files by another route that does not require authentication?
sstanelle
Mike,

Good idea! Prince is running on the same server. I will speak to our IT guys to see what can be done. Thanks for your fast responses.

Scott
mikeday
For the record, Prince 10 now has support for Windows authentication.
sstanelle
Excellent! Thanks for letting me know.