Forum Bugs

html checkbox, line spacing, and unicode support

johnt2
While trying the PrinceXML, there a a few question I can not figure out:
1. HTML input checkbox is not rendered correctly.
2. The line has wider spacing in auto-wrapped text within a <td> field.
3. The unicode is not rendered correctly.

I am not sure if it is my configuration issue. Here is the testing html file I have created:
http://upload001.s3.amazonaws.com/question.html

Please advise. Thanks.
mikeday
If characters come out as question marks then glyphs for them cannot be found in the specified fonts. Perhaps there is another font you can specify that has a glyph for U+2611. On Linux the OpenSymbol font has a glyph for this character.

The line spacing issue is a browser "bug" enabled deliberately when the browser is operating in quirks mode. If you add "<!DOCTYPE html>" to the top of the file this behaviour will change to be the same as Prince, at least in Firefox. It is because the font size is applied to the span, and should not affect the line height of the enclosing paragraph. If you apply the font size to the paragraph or change the line height on the paragraph then you can tighten up the spacing.
johnt2
Thank you very much - your explanation is very clear and helpful and I got it work!
nishantvarma
mikeday, <input type="checkbox" checked="checked" style="font-familly:Arial Unicode MS"/> needs to be supplied with a style attribute specifying the unicode support font ? is that the way to make it work ?

Is there a font by default in Windows that supports this glyph in unicode?

I found the alternative solution using Wingdings font (which is not unicode based solution):

Crossed Checkbox
<div style="font-family: Wingdings;">û</div>

Checked Checkbox
<div style="font-family: Wingdings;">ü</div>

Cross
<div style="font-family: Wingdings;">ý</div>

Check
<div style="font-family: Wingdings;">þ</div>
mikeday
Prince should default to Arial Unicode MS if it cannot find the glyph in any other font.