Forum How do I...?

How do can i use Prince?

kumarkasimala
Hi all,

We want an java plugin to convert html to pdf, that will integrate with our app. is that possible with Prince?, we dont want to purchase it every time especially number of users for one prince something like that. we will integrate prince with our app. we are not going to show that there prince inside our app.but there is need of printing html on browser and as well need to produce pdf for that HTML in our app. we want plugin for our application. is that possible prince.

Please let us know that if this suitable to our requirements. any reply that would be great help.

Thanks and Regards
kumar kasimala
mikeday
You can use Prince to generate PDF files on the server, as part of a web application. There is a Java wrapper available that you can try.
kumarkasimala
do i need to install Prince in every system? whereever my app installed ?
mikeday
Yes. What kind of app is it?
kumarkasimala
Thanks for reply.

Our app is small server includes html pages. users can install on their own system and browse htmls using local server ip localhost:9900. if user want take web page to pdf. that has to generate in their local system only and get it back to users.

All small servers or local servers will connect to main server which is running outside and synchronize data in each others.

we need like java jar file to include in our app. is there anything?

Thanks & Regards
kumar kasimala.
mikeday
Prince cannot be distributed as a single JAR file as it is not a Java application. There is a JAR file in the Java wrapper that you can use to call Prince, but Prince itself must be installed somewhere separately.
kumarkasimala
Okey thank you reply.