Forum Bugs

Having trouble with single page display

StoneCypher
I'm not yet certain if I'm just doing this wrong.

It seems like this ought to produce a document that shows a single page on opening.

@prince-pdf { prince-pdf-page-layout: single-page; prince-pdf-page-mode: auto; }

With or without page mode, that actually produces the 2-column display. Switching to one-column does produce a view showing only one page up, but it's scaled to document height, rather than document width.

How do I produce a PDF which opens in the single page, full width view that most PDFs want?

John Haugeland is http://fullof.bs/

mikeday
Can you try using a different PDF viewer? This really should work.
Chella
Hi Mike,

I facing the same issue. I just put css property as you mentioned in this link, generated a pdf with this. When opened that in Acrobat reader the property doesn't reflect in that pdf. Can you help us.

Thanks & Regards,
Chella|TNQ Technologies
+91 98 84 504995

mikeday
I'm having difficulty reproducing this problem. Do you see the same issue with the PDF file attached below?
  1. page.pdf15.0 kB
Chella
Yes Mike.

Thanks & Regards,
Chella|TNQ Technologies
+91 98 84 504995

mikeday
Which version of Acrobat Reader are you using? Does the PDF file below display differently?
  1. page2.pdf13.9 kB
Chella
Yes it works. I am using Acrobat Reader 11. How it is works? can u give me that css properties and I wanted to enable fit-width as default in magnification peroperty too.

Thanks & Regards,
Chella|TNQ Technologies
+91 98 84 504995

mikeday
It appears that although the PDF specification mandates that single-page is the default value, Acrobat Reader does not actually obey this. We will need to change Prince to always include the value.
mikeday
I think specifying the PDF should be displayed as fit-width may require using Acrobat JavaScript with the prince-pdf-script property.
Chella
Hi Mike,

I am clear what you are saying. I mean how to do this "change Prince to always include the value".
And give me sample code for these two examples?

Thanks & Regards,
Chella|TNQ Technologies
+91 98 84 504995

mikeday
We have changed Prince in the latest builds, so this should fix the single-page issue.

Unfortunately I don't have Acrobat JavaScript sample code for the fit-width issue at the moment, as this is really more of an Adobe question than a Prince question, and requires checking their documentation.