After upgrading to Mavericks, prince fails with this error:
Assertion failure: mark.c:649
assertion failure
Abort trap: 6

Any plans to fix this? :-|

Running version 7.1

Edited by have

mikeday
You are certainly an early adopter! We have only just heard of this new MacOS X version :)

Can you try Prince 9? It uses a more recent garbage collector version, which may already have a fix for this issue.
dauwhe
I did get Prince 9 to run on Mavericks. Had to install as root (with sudo su - ).

All of us Mac folks are early adopters :)
fuse
Same bug here, any solution to fix this ?
mikeday
Have you tried Prince 9?
mariner
Same bug here, running 7.1. Not interested in Prince 9. any solution?
mikeday
Downgrade MacOS X, or upgrade Prince. :D
mariner
Thanks for that, you are a peach. The upgrade price is a little steep. I will write the features I need and become a competitor rather than a customer.
mikeday
If the upgrade doesn't fit in your budget, perhaps we can consider a discount, or alternate arrangement? Please email me (mikeday@yeslogic.com) if you are interested.

Due to the amount of work required, it is not practical for us to go back and rebuild all previous Prince versions to work with the latest MacOS X. We have already done this with Prince 9, and it includes many other new features, bug fixes, and performance improvements as well.
meowist
I'm also having problems with Prince on OSX Mavericks. I have version 9 rev 3. Had been working perfectly, but when I upgraded to Mavericks I now experience "Broken Pipe" and "segmentation violation" errors. My prince.log file is empty after I get these errors, but here's the output from my script. When I try running the prince commands manually at the command line I get the same errors.

http://bit.ly/1cWEowh

mikeday
Does it fail if you run it from the command-line on a simple file, eg. "<html><body>Hello</body></html>" ?
meowist
What's the complete command I should try? Thanks!
mikeday
If you create a file called test.html, just run "prince test.html" to generate test.pdf. If it fails, try running "prince --debug test.html".
meowist
Ok tried that and it also failed. Looks like the same segmentation error at the end of the debug log; I assume all those font warnings are ignorable.

https://gist.github.com/meowist/add316c03e2831aadb15
mikeday
It seems to be failing halfway through loading style sheets. Okay, two more things to try:

prince --debug --no-system-fonts test.html
prince --debug --input html5 test.html

Both of these will probably fail, but hopefully for different reasons, which may help illuminate exactly what is going on here.
meowist
Sorry for my delayed reply. Back in action now. As you suspect, both fail and for different reasons. Here's a screenshot:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ksugpdf9t1ivldn/Screenshot%202014-02-07%2015.07.30.png

Looks like the fonts are the root cause. What do you suggest next? I'm running Prince 9.4 on OSX Mavericks 10.9.1, just fyi. Thank you!
mikeday
Great, if it's a font issue then we should be able to track it down. Is it okay if I email you with an updated Prince build that includes extra debug logging during the font scan?
meowist
Yes I just emailed you directly. Thanks!
mikeday
Today we have released Prince 9 rev 5, which includes numerous changes intended to improve compatibility with MacOS X Mavericks. Please let us know if you have any further issues! :)