Forum How do I...?

Create Cover Page/Title Page

bdchase
I would like to create a cover page that includes the Page Title, company logo, and Copyright information. I tried using the @page:first selector, but it only added the information to the header (what it's supposed to do) instead of on the actual first page (what I'd like it to do). Is there a way to add a page at the beginning of the document that displays specific content?
mikeday
The easiest way is to add the first page content at the beginning of the HTML document, is this option available?
bdchase
I don't believe so. We are using Mindtouch for our online documentation, and they allow us to override their PDF CSS with custom CSS. We have a small section where we can modify the styles (see attached).

There is a template that we can modify for the pdf export, so I could possibly do it there. I'm just not sure what code I would use.
  1. custompdf.png58.2 kB

Edited by bdchase

mikeday
Modifying the template would be the most flexible solution. If you only want to edit the CSS, you could put the text in the @page @top margin box, and use additional padding-top to push it down into the page body area. :)