Forum Bugs

SSL Certificate Issue - Multiple Domains 1 IIS Instance

RickoT
Hey Folks, we are using Prince 8.0 (outdated but the problem still occurs when I tested it with 9.0). The server is Windows Server 2008 R2 using IIS.

I recently updated our certificates, and since then I have been having the following issue.

When I try to run the command to use prince to convert something to PDF, I get the error message below.

error: SSL: certificate subject name '*.abc.com' does not match target host name 'live.abchost.com'

I verified that the certificate attached to the IIS site we are testing against does in fact have the correct SSL certificate in use. (*.abchost.com)

I also installed Prince locally and tested against the same URL and it worked as expected, outputting the PDF.

Not sure why Prince is grabbing the wrong SSL certificate to compare against the domain hostname, any assistance would be great!
mikeday
I also installed Prince locally and tested against the same URL and it worked as expected, outputting the PDF.

Which operating systems are you running, and which one does Prince fail on?
RickoT
The server it has been running on for a while now is Server 2008 R2, running the latest service pack and .net 4.5 (This is where it fails)

The machine I tested locally with success is running Windows 8.1 with .NET 4.5 installed also.

I have a handful of customers who are unable to export pdf's because of this, so I really appreciate the quick response!

Edited by RickoT

mikeday
And the same Prince version on both machines? Is there a public URL we could test here?
RickoT
The server in question is running version 8, but I tested it with the latest available for download with no success on the server.

The same URL works perfectly fine when I issue the same command on my local machine, running both the latest version and the version installed on the server.

I would need to get permission to provide the URL, but unfortunately since it works when running prince against the URL anywhere off the server, I don't think that's going to help anyway.
RickoT
It may be easier to talk through this over the phone, is there a support contact number I can call? I couldn't find anything on the website.
mikeday
No, but you can email me (mikeday@yeslogic.com). It might help to run Prince from the command-line on both machines with --debug enabled, and capture the log output. There really shouldn't be any differences, as Prince isn't even using shared libraries on Windows.
RickoT
Hi MIke, I will email you, when we figure it out I will post our solution here.

Thanks!