Forum How do I...?

prince-pdf-open-action command

hauballe
How do I write a command for the prince-pdf-open-action?

More specific I would like to set the page to fit the screen when the pdf is opened.

Thanks in advance!
Martin
mikeday
You can try this:
@prince-pdf {
    prince-pdf-open-action: command(FullScreen)
}

Adobe Acrobat supports other named commands, similar to what is available from the menu.
jim_albright
Good to know. Are these documented somewhere?

Jim Albright
Wycliffe Bible Translators

mikeday
I'm not sure where to find a canonical list, as they are Acrobat-specific. Googling for "acrobat named actions" brings up this list: A4NamedActions.pdf at Planet PDF.
hauballe
Thanks!

The 'FullScreen' was not exactly what I needed, by the list helped me find the 'FitPage' command which did the job
soren.mou.jakobsen
Hi

I would like to have two open-actions: FitPage and SinglePage. How do I do that?

Doing the following will execute the last command only:

@prince-pdf {
    prince-pdf-open-action: command(FitPage)
    prince-pdf-open-action: command(SinglePage)
}
mikeday
You can only specify a single open action, but you can specify SInglePage using a different property:
@prince-pdf {
    prince-pdf-page-layout: single-page
}
soren.mou.jakobsen
Hi Mike

The Command "SinglePage" and "prince-pdf-page-layout: single-page" does not do the same thing.

Command "SinglePage" snaps the vertical scroll to always start at page. So when you press UP/DOWN it changes page instead of scrolling.The command corresponds to the Adobe reader toggle button "Fit one page to window".

Layout single-page just sets the default page layout.

Why can I only specify one command, when adobe reader takes N commands?
mikeday
So if you combine single-page and use FitPage for the open action you don't get the desired behaviour?

Currently Prince does not support chained actions, but we could add this in a future release.
soren.mou.jakobsen
No, combining "prince-pdf-page-layout: single-page" and FitPage for the open action does notget the desired behaviour. This is because "prince-pdf-page-layout: single-page" is not the same as the command "SinglePage".

Any workaround? Any ETA on adding this in a future release?
mikeday
I'll add it to the roadmap. Perhaps in the meantime you could use prince-pdf-script and include some Acrobat-specific JavaScript to trigger the necessary commands?