Forum Bugs

Fonts disappeared in Ubuntu 14.04 after adding Pricne license

elvanto
Hi guys,

We purchased a license for Prince over the weekend and installed it this morning. After installation, all our fonts that we installed during testing were removed. I'm not sure if it's exactly related to the Prince license file being added or not.

Anyway, I'm running Ubuntu 14.04. The font folder was "/usr/share/fonts/truetype/msttcorefonts". All that was left in that folder was a README file saying that the license was invalid. When we tried to reinstall the fonts it showed us some license screen for installing the fonts.

We've now reinstalled the fonts but how can I be sure this wont happen again?

Any suggestions or thoughts would be much appreciated

Ben
mikeday
That sounds incredibly weird. Installing Prince should have no effect on any other package installed on the system. Presumably you installed the DEB package for Ubuntu 14.04? We will do some testing here, but I can't see how that could have happened.
elvanto
Yes that is correct. We have a DEB package installed.

I can't be 100% sure it happened straight after we added the license folder, but I did test it last night and it was working prior to adding the license file. That was less than 12 hours before we installed the license file.

We followed the docs on your website to install the font. Would there be any reason why the license would stop working for Microsoft Core fonts? Not 100% sure how it works.
mikeday
Is the ttf-mscorefonts-installer package installed?
elvanto
We used the Debian installer from https://packages.debian.org/wheezy/ttf-mscorefonts-installer

Today to reinstall the fonts we used the following method instead which was much easier

apt-get install ttf-mscorefonts-installer

When we used the above code it asked us this time for a licence acceptance which it didn't suing the original method

Edited by elvanto

mikeday
Right, that's the way to do it. Presumably everything works now?
elvanto
Yep. I'm a little concerned it's going to happen again though. So this has never happened before?

I'll just have to keep an eye on it I guess.
mikeday
Never happened before. The packages should not interact. Perhaps something odd about the Debian installer?