Forum Bugs

Font Selection Bug?

jhoweaa
My report makes use of the 'Wingdings 2' font. When I run my report code using Prince 8.1 the proper character glyph shows up. However, when I run under Prince 9.0 rev 5 the font does not. I looked at the fonts.css files for both of my Prince installations and I don't see any significant differences. I don't remember doing anything specific to add Wingdings since I've been using Prince 8.1 for several months and it was only recently that I created a report which used Wingdings. I was actually surprised when it worked without making any config changes. I did run both Prince 8.1 and Prince 9 with the debug option on. Under Prince 8.1 I see the following:

prince: debug: font request: Wingdings 2
prince: debug: font scan: Wingdings 2
prince: debug: font scan: Wingdings 2, 1 matches
prince: used font: Wingdings 2, Regular
prince: debug: writing output: junk2.pdf
prince: Finished: success

but under Prince 9.0 rev 5 I see this:

prince: debug: font request: Wingdings 2
prince: debug: font scan: Wingdings 2
prince: debug: font scan: Wingdings 2, 1 matches
prince: debug: writing output: junk.pdf
prince: Finished: success

The obvious difference is that Prince 9 does not write out a 'used font' statement.

This is running Prince on a box running Windows 7 Enterprise. The font shows up fine in HTML and in a PDF generated by Prince 8.1. Hopefully there is just some configuration I need to change to make this work again in Prince 9.

Thanks!

Jim
mikeday
Strange, we will take a look at this. What is the exact text that is being set in Wingdings 2?
jhoweaa
I have HTML which looks like this

<span style="font-size: 8pt; font-family: 'Wingdings 2'">&#152;</span>

mikeday
&#152 is Unicode character U+0098, which is a control character "START OF STRING" that doesn't really have a sensible visual representation, but seems to be rendered as a tilde in some fonts.

Which glyph do you want to access from Wingdings 2? Pictorial glyphs can be accessed from U+F020 to U+F0FF, eg. &#xF020; onwards.