Forum How do I...?

How to build a Register with two references

frappierer
Using the Target Counter feature i would like to build a Register (similar to the one i attached).

I got everything but but how can i reference two pages after one register word.
E.g (check attachment) the register entry "Basel III 10, 14" has to page references. Page 10 and 14.

How can i accomplish this?

Regards
  1. register.png347.8 kB
    Register
mikeday
It is very difficult to do this without JavaScript. For example, you can transform the document to include a target-counter link to each reference. But then, sometimes you will get two references on the same page, eg. "10, 10" which you would like to combine. And this requires running Prince twice, and is a little tricky. But it is possible. Are you familiar with JavaScript?
jim_albright
I preprocess with XSLT so cross-references in a Bible link correctly. Each verse has an id which is used as target. In my case 10,10 would not occur.

Jim Albright
Wycliffe Bible Translators

frappierer
Could you send me the xslt and a simple HTML example? This would be amazing. Right know I have no idea how to accomplish this
jim_albright
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B5Kd5jfl6rOraEU1OTdfaHl2MEk&usp=sharing

Hopefully I have shared a bloom folder that has a batch file showing what I do.
My test input file has all sorts of strange cases for scripture: SampleRef.xml

<test>Gen 13,12 German</test> <test>Gen 13.12 French</test><--------- given this as input
<output><ref tgt="GEN.13.12">Gen 13.12</ref> French</output><------- get this output

And the following shows more what you will need <test>Gen 5,1; 9,6</test>
<output><ref tgt="GEN.5.1">Gen 5,1</ref>; <ref tgt="GEN.9.6">9,6</ref></ref> correct punctuation German</output>

<test>/5 additional verse /Leviticus 3:2, 5 sample bcv with additional verse</test>
<output>/5 additional verse /<ref tgt="LEV.3.2">Leviticus 3:2</ref>, <ref tgt="LEV.3.5">5</ref> sample bcv with additional verse</output>

Jim Albright
Wycliffe Bible Translators

frappierer
Thanks so much. i will try to figure it out