Forum How do I...?

How do I add prince to my classpath on a mac?

tomjohnson1492
How do I add prince to my classpath on a mac? I'm invoking prince from another application. Thanks,

Tom
mikeday
Are you using the Prince Java wrapper? Or calling the executable directly from the command-line?
tomjohnson1492
I'm trying to invoke prince from OxygenXML. See this forum thread: http://www.oxygenxml.com/forum/post32321.html#p32321

I have prince installed in the default location: /usr/local/bin

OxygenXML is configured to use prince, but it won't look at where prince is installed. Hence I need to add prince to my classpath so that the oxygen application can find and use it to render the pdf.

Thanks,

Tom
mikeday
Oh, okay. That's just PATH, a Unix thing, not classpath, which is a Java thing. Often /usr/local/bin will already be in the PATH, but if it isn't you may need to do various weird things depending on what platform you are running on. If you search for "setting your path on Windows" (or MacOS X, or Ubuntu, or whatever) there are various instructions for this.
tomjohnson1492
Thanks. I typed echo $PATH and see /usr/local/bin as one of the paths returned. Hmmm, I'm not sure why oxygen is failing with its transforms. I'll hit up that forum to see what's up. Thanks for your help.
mikeday
Might be worth checking that Prince is working from the command-line, eg. make a little test.html and run "prince test.html" and check that you get a valid test.pdf back.
tomjohnson1492
Yes, I am able to run prince from the command line. It's a pretty sweet tool, I have to say. There's a huge market of tech writers using XSLT that would love to switch to CSS.
mikeday
And we encourage them to do so! :)