Forum Bugs

Prince Wrapper - Pushing convert button makes stop wrapper

goddert
Hi,

I installed without any problem version 9.0r5. Starting the wrapper, adding an html file and pushing the convert button the wrapper stops working. This happens with any html file. The command line version works without any problem (for what I tested)

You'll find a screenshot attached or here: http://grab.by/FmMC

This is Windows 7 x64

If you need any further information let me know.

Thanks
Goddert
  1. Prince.jpg60.3 kB
    Screenshot
mikeday
What if you run Prince from the command-line, eg. like this:
c:\Program Files\Prince\Engine\bin\prince.exe --version

(Assuming that Prince is installed in this directory).
goddert
As expected "Prince 9.0 rev 5". I wrote that I installed version 9.0r5.
mikeday
Thanks, so the basic Prince engine is working fine. What if you try converting your input document, again from the command-line? eg.
c:\Program Files\Prince\Engine\bin\prince.exe input.html

You need to specify the correct path to the input document (input.html) and Prince will try to create a PDF file with the same name in the same folder (eg. input.pdf in this case).

If that fails, perhaps there is a bug in Prince triggered by something in the input document. Would you be able to attach it here, or email it to me (mikeday@yeslogic.com).
goddert
Sorry, but did you ever read my initial post?

First you asking me which version I installed. I wrote it in my initial post. Then you ask "What if I try to convert it from the command line"

I wrote in my initial post that the command line ist working fine!

Don't try to work off your standard questions of customer support with me if did already answer them.

So what? Next question, will be which is the OS I use? Windows 7 x64 ... Guess what? I wrote it in my first post.

No, and it is not a problem of the input document as you tried to guess because as you CAN READ IN MY FIRST POST it doesn't depend on the input document. And if it was I would have attached that input document to investigate further because no program should crash only because the input (which by the way is validated) has some char sequence you can't read. It is the wrapper and not the engine itself.

I tried to help but you know what... I 've no time to lose with people who doesn't listen to what someone writes who tries to help out. So thanks anyway for your "help".

I'am out

mikeday
Sorry about that, I must have skimmed your first post too quickly. :(

It is surprising that the GUI would crash for every single input document, as it works fine on Windows 7 when we test it here. I am wondering whether there is something affecting the command-line component causing it to print extra unwanted log output that is confusing the GUI, although that does sound unlikely.

To be honest I am not sure what is the best way to proceed to debug this problem. Do you happen to have any other systems available that you could install Prince on?