Forum How do I...?

Pages in a Page

hundertwasser
Hello together!

I am looking for a possibility to convert HTML pages to small PDF-Pages, containing headlines, text and graphics, size in the beginning is a ¼ A4 page landscape. From the headlines, later more than one level, a TOC shall be generated. Potentially an index and keyword directory at the end shall be supported as well.

These small pages must be organised in a specific order. This sort- order has to be calculated in a way supporting either A4 duplex printing or even single page printing, returning the A4 pages and then the printing back-side. optionally, two indications, vertical and horizontal, on the A4 page shall sign the borders. Vertically the printed papers will be cutted and horizontal folded.

Is Prince supporting such demand and if yes what is the best way to proceed?

I have made a drawing (PDF), but did not find an option to upload??

Any answer would be highly appreciated!

Thanks
mikeday
Prince does not yet support n-up printing with multiple "pages" placed on a single PDF page. Perhaps you could achieve this by producing a PDF with Prince first, and then running a PDF post-processing tool? I believe that Ghostscript on Linux can do this kind of thing, and there are similar tools available for Windows as well.
maddesigns
is there any update since 2006?
mikeday
One update is I would probably recommend pdftk instead of Ghostscript for imposition. :D