Forum How do I...?

Using prince-rotate-body

mn4367
I'm trying out the new prince-rotate-body which is really helpful for wide tables, thanks. But if it is used together with an image for the page background, the image is also rotated (please see attached example).

Since the background image is a property of the page definition I thought that prince-rotate-body only affects the body, as the name implies and leaves everything on the page level like headers and footers (and background images) untouched.

Is this by intention?

I know that I can create a rotated image and use that in pages with prince-rotate-body but it is not so nice.
  1. PrinceRotateBody.zip63.4 kB
    prince-rotate-body example
mikeday
Hmm, good question!. Page borders and backgrounds should probably not be rotated. We may change this in a future release of Prince.
mn4367
Thanks, I hope it's not too difficult to implement ;-)
mikeday
Should be fine, it's just that prince-rotate-body is new, so there may be minor issues we haven't ironed out yet. It should end up being a better solution than "size: landscape" though, I hope.
mn4367
It's a very nice solution, in my opinion worth to be proposed for the official CSS spec.
mikeday
We have now released Prince 10 rev 3, and adjusted the behaviour of the @page prince-rotate-body property so that it does not affect page borders and backgrounds.
mn4367
Works, thanks!