Forum How do I...?

onMessage missing in .net Wrapper?

vhe
Hi!
We'd like to use the PrinceEvents interface (http://www.princexml.com/doc/8.1/java/api/index.html?com/princexml/PrinceEvents.html) for logging stuff into our database.
However, the .net wrapper doesn't seem to contain it.
Are we missing something here or is this indeed not available for .net developers?

Lots of Greetings!
Volker
mikeday
This interface is currently missing from the .Net wrapper. I think we should add it. :)
vhe
That would be phantastic!
vhe
So - ...?

Just asking. :-)
mikeday
We have an updated Prince wrapper in C# and will post it shortly, we have just been adding support for the new Prince control interface.
vhe
Great!
LucR
Does it allow monitoring of the prince process and/or aborting it when taking too long?
mikeday
No, this would need to be done by starting a timer from another thread when you begin the conversion.

We now have an updated Prince wrapper in C# available on the latest builds page. We still have a few more options to add to it, but it supports many more than the old .NET wrapper. Please let us know if you experience any issues using Prince from C#.
LucR
Starting the timer is not a problem, but how do we know which process to abort?

Would it be possible to add onStart / onExit methods to the PrinceEvents interface so that we can save the process object or handle for possible future aborting?
mikeday
We will investigate this, it may be cleaner to add timeout support directly to the API. Do you often need to terminate conversion tasks?

Edited by mikeday

LucR
Our quest for terminating conversion tasks is/was related to a "hang" problem that seems to be fixed for now. I've started a new forum thread Prince hangs consuming cpu and Internal error: error writing to buffer messages that describes the details of the problem.
mikeday
Right, hopefully we can address the root cause of this issue.