Forum How do I...?

Media Box

ontic
Commercial printers can automatically add crop marks for Media/Crop boxes, imagine a large single page PDF file that is composed of several other PDF files.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
|  +--------+--------+--------+--------+--------+--------+--------+  |
|  |           |           |           |           |           |           |           |   |
|  |           |           |           |           |           |           |           |   |
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Is it possible for PrinceXML to produce a PDF with multiple Media/Crop boxes?

P.S sorry for the poor formatting. Let me know if this is not clear and I'll try and put together a better example.

Edited by ontic

mikeday
Prince doesn't do imposition, so each PDF page is just one media box with one printed page on it. There are third-party tools which can do various n-up kinds of page arrangement for any PDF.
ontic
Yes I've managed to impose individual PDF files (with multiple pages) into a single PDF page using purely PHP, no sweat. I was hoping PrinceXML offered a solution where I didn't have to generate the individual files first, which would allow the HTML to remain in the database and easily queue/manage the content before it gets outputted to a single PDF page. Anyway, back to the drawing board..