Forum Bugs

PDF problem Generation

macki
Hi,

our team has problem with pdf generation from given html structure e.g.

<p with=lets say font 1>
<span with=font2>
</span>

<span with=font3>
<.span>
</p>

Generally we need span with different style font in one paragraph. Do you know how to solve this problem?

Details in attachment.
  1. Gabriola.ttf1.8 MB
    font
  2. arial.ttf778.6 kB
  3. lineHeight2.html4.0 kB
  4. lineHeight2.pdf21.0 kB
mikeday
What is the problem?
macki
My question is how to generate proper pdf when in <P> we have many <SPAN> with different fonts and line-height?

The problem is visible e.g on file ex1.png

1. ex1.PNG188.2 kB
  2. lineHeightMix.html3.6 kB
  3. lineHeightMix.pdf29.5 kB
mikeday
Ah the layout is different to the browser. It might help to specify a line-height on the paragraph itself.
macki
Mike we are testing this solution - the result is better but there is a still problem with text generation.

Please take look to the attachment:
- html
- pdf result
- comparison in png

Do you think it is a trivial/common problem?

1. ex2.PNG228.3 kB
  2. lineHeightMix.html3.6 kB
  3. lineHeightMix.pdf42.2 kB
pjrm
I'm not certain of what you're trying to achieve (mikeday's guess differs from mine), but have a look at the attached file. Line spacing in CSS depends both on the line-height of the block container (the p element in this case) and the individual inline elements (the span elements in this example). If you want the spans with a small font-size to be more closely spaced than the larger spans, then you'll want to make sure that the block container has a small line-height (since every line will be at least as tall as the p's line-height); and then you'd probably want each span to have a line-height big enough to avoid overlapping neighbouring lines.

The way I've done that in the attached file is to use a simple number (rather than a length) as the value of line-height, and then each span's effective line-height will be that number multiplied by the span's font-size.

So the span with font-size:10pt (which I've made long enough to span 2 or 3 lines) is closely spaced, while any line containing a font-size:21pt span has more spacing.

Is this what you want to achieve?
  1. inline-lineHeight2.html4.4 kB
pjrm
Forgot to give a reference to the CSS description of line spacing:
http://www.w3.org/TR/CSS2/visudet.html#line-height
macki
Thanks for your answare Pjrm.

Edited by macki