Forum Bugs

Little problem in Italian hyphenation?

gsalmeri
I suspect there is a little problem in Italian hyphenation. With expression like "quell'impossibilità" (with an apostroph) the possible points should be "quel-l'im-pos-si-bi-li-tà", but Prince seems to recognise only the first point "quel-l'impossibilità". If it is so, I think it should be corrected, Italian abounds in long words and in such cases the effect can be rather unpleasant.
mikeday
Thank you, we will take a look at this.
gsalmeri
Fourteen years ago (time passess...) I found a similar problem in Lout. I don't know if this is relevant, but anyway this was my solution:

https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lout-users/2001-09/msg00068.html
gsalmeri
Update: I checked with "hyphens: prince-expand-all" (I have discovered just now that option) and I can confirm: hyphenation points after the apostroph are not recognised (neither in Italian nor in French).
gsalmeri
Update 2: Prince uses the version 4.8 of Italian TeX patterns; the most recent is 4.9 but that has (unfortunately...) no relationship with the problem.
mikeday
We have a fix for this issue now, which operating system are you running Prince on?
gsalmeri
Great, thank you! I am using at the same time Ubuntu 12.04 64bit and Windows 64bit.
mikeday
We have latest builds for Ubuntu ready now, but Windows will need to wait until tomorrow.
mikeday
Updated builds for Windows are also available now.
gsalmeri
All is perfect, thank you again!