Forum How do I...?

CSS frameworks

nico

There are dozen CSS frameworks out there, but I couldn’t find one that is designed with focus on printing especially with Prince. Do you know one that could be helpful?
mikeday
There is Boom, the book microformat. But it really depends what kind of documents you are working on.
nico

Currently I am working on slides (PowerPoint like). There are many HTML slide frameworks, but they do not really target PDF.

But my question is also general. It could be interesting to know if there are good frameworks that can be used with Prince for given types of documents.

I saw Boom a few years ago, and I forgot about it. Thank you for the reminder Mike.
mikeday
I think the HTML slide frameworks should work fine, if they are not depending on too much JavaScript.
dauwhe
We've successfully used SASS together with Prince in some prototypes. But it might be interesting to have something that more specifically addresses the huge amounts of code we need for @page rules.

I shouldn't have just done the quick search that found 467 "@" characters in my CSS :(