Forum How do I...?

Load Balancing Server

fernandomagrina
Since we migrated to load balancing servers prince is not working anymore. We have a copy of prince on each virtual server but still is not working.

Any help please?

Thanks
mikeday
What is the problem you are having?
fernandomagrina
It's timing out. We have 6 virtual servers with prince deployed at the right address across them, but every single time it times out.

This is the Error Message we have is : Unable to connect to the remote server
Error Type: System.Net.WebException

Thanks

Edited by fernandomagrina

mikeday
Can you run Prince successfully from the command-line?

What exactly is timing out? Prince doesn't have a HTTP interface.
fernandomagrina
That won't be easy to test because I don't have access to the server, I only have email errors.

I'll ask someone to run from the command-line, but I don't think prince is the issue because when running local works. That is why I am wondering if someone else had the same issue.

The full message we have is : A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond

Thanks
mikeday
It's a bit hard to tell what software is producing this error message. What are you trying to connect to?
fernandomagrina
We have a dashboard with devexpress controls which we use prince to print it on PDF. As I said, it was working properly before load balancing and also works fine running local... very weird.
mikeday
I think you will need to talk to the developer or server admin to see exactly what is happening, whether any error messages are showing up in the log, whether the log is being generated at all, whether Prince has been installed correctly and can be run from the command-line.
fernandomagrina
Thanks, I'll do that now and I share the result here later.