Forum Bugs

Using full font name for "font-family" declaration no longer works.

joeh
In a previous version of Prince I was using (version 9.2) I could select a specific weight and style for a font by simply using the full font name in my font-family declaration. For example, I could get "Palatino Bold Italic" by setting my font-family declaration like this:

font-family: "Palatino Bold Italic";

I've tried setting fonts this way in version 9.5 and 10.7 and it no longer works. It can't find the font and goes back to the fallback font.
In these newer versions I can only get "Palatino Bold Italic" if I use the family name in the font-family declaration, and then set the font-weight and font-style properties, like this:
font-family: "Palatino";
font-weight: bold;
font-style: italic;

In most cases this works just fine for me, but I'm working with a couple of Korean fonts where I can't get the specific weight I need by setting the font-weight property. It always goes back to the lightest weight of that font no matter what I set the font-weight to.

So I'm wondering if this is a bug, or if the intended behavior is that you should no longer be able to set a font using the full font name.
mikeday
Is this on MacOS X? Which is the Korean font that is not working?
joeh
Yes I'm on OS X.

The Korean fonts I'm having trouble with are YDMyungjo 500 Pro and YDGothic 500 Pro.
mikeday
Unfortunately these fonts do not appear to come standard with MacOS X and so we do not have them, which makes it difficult to diagnose the problem. :(