Forum How do I...?

widow line length

abc
Hi Mike,

I am new to Prince and would like to seek a clarification about widow line length usage with different widow/orphan settings in my Projects, as below.

Widow: 1 Orphan: 1 widow line minimum length: ?
Widow: 2 Orphan: 2 widow line minimum length: ?
Widow: 3 Orphan: 3 widow line minimum length: ?

Not exact figures are required, just wanted to know how to use widow line length and when?

1) widow line minimum length can be used/designed if the I use widow 1. It means the last line a paragraph left alone on following page and expecting its min. length as 50% in text width?

2) Am I right in thinking that I need not to use widow line min. length when the settings are widow: 2 or more? because it becomes two lines, so we do not care for second line length from top of the page?

Thanks in advance.
mikeday
Where is this setting coming from? CSS has no properties for specifying minimum length of widow/orphan lines at the moment.
abc
Hi Mike,

Thanks for your prompt reply.

Yes, there is no css selector as yet. I am applying custom span classes to each of the widow paragraph last lines in my project.

I thought that you might be aware of this usage even it is not yet in your list.

Thanks
mikeday
Can you show me an example? I'm not quite sure what you are doing, or what you would like us to do about it. :)