Forum How do I...?

Two Column Format Question

jhoweaa
I'm sure I'm just blanking on an obvious solution, but I have a question on how to format a specific situation for a page that requires two columns. I'm using Prince 10 and I want to display a left column and a right column. If the left column won't fit on a page, I want it to continue on to the next page, in the same column, but I want the right column information to appear at the top of the previous page next to the start of the left column. If the right column overflows the page, I want it to appear on the next page, in the right column, with the start of the left and right columns appearing on the previous page.

I can get the solution to look correct in HTML, but since HTML doesn't have the concept of a page, that is no big deal (i.e. the left and right columns start next to each other, and the left column continues down as far as it needs to)

Everything I've tried tries to force all of the content on to the next page where it will all fit. I don't want that, I want it to start in the normal flow and then flow the remaining content on to the next page regardless of whether it would have all fit on the next page. I tried putting the content in a DIV with a 'break-inside: avoid' setting, but that didn't seem to work.

Anyway, any ideas on how to accomplish this will be most appreciated.

Thanks.

Jim
mikeday
How about a two-column table?
jhoweaa
Sometimes the simple solution is the best. Yes, the table worked just like I wanted, although I hate using tables for non-tabular data. However, for this report the look is what matters and table works.

Thanks!

Jim