Forum Bugs

data cell border-bottom getting rendered right after a new page starts

dino
I am have a problem with data cells rendering incorrectly with multiple pages.
The bottom border of a data cell is rendering directly underneath the table header after a new page is created.

Thanks
  1. princeCase.png60.7 kB
hallvord
Hi dino, could you share some HTML and CSS code that shows this problem?

Announcement: repos for tests/utils

hallvord
I tried to write a demo but I'm just guessing at this point - so unsurprisingly it did not show any problems..

1. 3479-testA.htm0.9 kB
pjrm
I think I know the problem to which dino refers: namely that Prince does border collapsing before doing pagination, with the result that the bottom border of the last row on page n can be taken from the top border of the first row on page n+1, or vice versa. Does that sound like the problem?
dino
@pjrm - That sounds like it could be what's happening and it's happening in the first-child to I can't target it because the first-child repeats during pagination.
hallvord
OK - so @pjrm, do I need to add
border-collapse: collapse
or something to that test to trigger it?

hallvord
Even with some help from @pjrm I can't reproduce this problem by trying to guess your code, @dino. Do you have time to post some CSS here? ;)

dino
Yes, I just installed build(20160914) and I am trying to figure out why I am getting these errors, we are using
color and column-break-inside all over the css and we were not getting these errors before the new install.
Once I get this figured out I will post the code, thanks for looking into this!
Error: prince: -:style:1785: warning: parse error in value of property 'color' at '$'
prince: -:style:2034: warning: unknown property 'column-break-inside'
prince: -:style:2426: warning: unknown property 'column-break-inside'
prince: -: warning: unsupported properties: break-inside
hallvord
AFAIK this is a new Prince feature, it has started warning about things it doesn't understand.

mikeday
You can disable the warnings with --no-warn-css, if they are annoying. I'm curious about the color value warning, though. :)