Forum How do I...?

How can I get the partial italic in page footer content.

Balaa
I have to apply the italic formatting for string value "(book-title)" alone. Is there any way to control this?

@bottom-left {
content: string(book-title)", "string(edition)". "string(given-name)". "string(familyname)"\A" "\00A9\00A0" "2017 " string(publishername);

mikeday
You will need to do this in a document element and flow the element to the margin box.
Balaa
Thanks, Any example please.
mikeday
Yes, here.
Balaa
Thanks
Balaa
It's not work here.

@page :first {
@top-right {content: normal}
@top-left {content: normal}
@bottom-left {content: flow(header)}
}

titleGroup > title[type="main"]{flow: static(header);font-family: "warnock-pro-italic";}
mikeday
Is title a block element? The flow property does not apply to inline elements.
Balaa
Yes, It's a book title element in XML.

I have applied link this:

titleGroup > title[type="main"]{flow: static(header);font-family: "warnock-pro-italic";display:block;}
mikeday
That should work, does the element occur at the start of the document? If you just apply it to @page instead of @page:first, does it show up on subsequent pages?
Balaa
Yes, It's occurred at the start of the document (see below example). Still, I'm getting the same problem.

XML:
<publicationMeta level="product">
<publisherInfo>
<publisherName></publisherName>
<publisherLoc></publisherLoc>
</publisherInfo>
<isbn type="print-13"></isbn>
<titleGroup>
<title type="main" sort="PROTECTION AND CONSERVATION OF WATER RESOURCES, THE">The Protection and Conservation of Water Resources</title>
</titleGroup>

CSS:
@page {
@top-right {content: normal}
@top-left {content: normal}
@bottom-left {
content: flow(header);
}
}
publicationMeta[level="product"] > titleGroup > title[type="main"]{flow: static(header);font-family: "warnock-pro-italic";display:block;}

Edited by Balaa

mikeday
Would you be able to email me (mikeday@yeslogic.com) the document and CSS?
Balaa
I'm unable to send the document. I will attach another document by tomorrow.
Balaa
I'm unable to send the document. I will attach the another document by tomorrow.

Edited by Balaa