Forum Bugs

"Couldn't resolve host" error after upgrading to CentOS 6.6

dwhalenenr
Hi.

We've been running Prince 7.1 happily for a long time and we recently did an OS update on our servers from 5.x to 6.6. Now we can't get Prince to load external resources during PDF generation.

We constantly get "warning: Couldn't resolve host" errors and the PDFs never get generated. It doesn't matter whether we're trying to load images or CSS.

I've been doing a little reading around the forum and I'm guessing the OS update sank us. I was hoping that a lib update or the like might keep us running somehow?

Has anyone else dealt with this recently? I'd be grateful for suggestions.

Thanks!

DW
mikeday
Which exact Prince package did you install?
dwhalenenr
when I run this:

/usr/local/bin/prince --version

I get back:

Prince 7.1

What else can I provide?
mikeday
I guess it is the generic Linux package as it is installed in /usr/local instead of /usr like the RPM package. Prince 7.1 doesn't support CentOS 6, but perhaps the dynamically linked RPM package for CentOS 5 would work? prince-7.1-1.centos52.i386.rpm.

Alternatively you could upgrade to a newer Prince version.
dwhalenenr
Thanks Mike. We'll give this a try first. Is there a link to the 64-bit version? That's what we're running.

It'd be less traumatic if we could upgrade to (say) 8.x without having to buy the full version. But our subscription expired a while ago...
mikeday
Can you email me (mikeday@yeslogic.com) your license details? You can probably just purchase a support contract and upgrade to Prince 11.