Forum How do I...?

no glyphs for character

bmcdaniel
This appears to be a very popular question, but I really haven't found a good answer for my problem.
The font that I'm using is Vrinda for Bengali. My document prints Ok but I noticed the ?'s in the document. When I looked at the prince.log It displays: no glyphs for character U+09CE, fallback to '?'
I went into my fonts on my localhost and my Vrinda font does not contain this character, which I know would be the reason for the error. I've downloaded different Vrinda fonts but come up with the same issue.
From what I can see U+09CE is for ৎ

Is there a way to add this to fonts.css using unicode-range: or some other property to include all the characters?
Thanks
mikeday
Do you know which version of the Vrinda font you are using? The glyph seems to be included in the version I have here, and in some other Bengali fonts, but I do have some fonts which don't include it, so it doesn't appear to be universally supported.
bmcdaniel
Thanks for the reply. I've download a few but the one that I currently have installed shows 1.03. I'm not sure where to get any newer versions.
mikeday
Newer versions of Windows come with version 5.90 or 6.80.

Alternatively on Linux you can use the free Lohit Bengali font which also has the full range of glyphs.