Forum Bugs

overflow hidden bug

dlast
Please see attached an example of a html and a resulting .pdf created in Prince 11.1.
The output is expected to display a single letter X, as you can see if you open the .html in the browser.
The pdf contains 2 pages, first one with a single letter X. Second one with many Xs.
  1. princexml_test.html0.4 kB
    Test html for overflow hidden bug
  2. princexml_test.pdf10.9 kB
    Output PDF with multiple X instead of 1.
mikeday
Thanks, we will take a look at this issue.
markbrown
Hi,

This example appears to work correctly with the latest build.

Mark
hallvord
Yay, a bugfix :)
I've grabbed your nice test case and added it to https://github.com/yeslogic/miscellaneous-testcases/blob/master/layout/overflow-hidden-001.html slightly modified. Hope you don't mind.

Announcement: repos for tests/utils

dlast
Thanks a lot for the fix and adding it to the testcases. Although I still have to wait for the next release to see it.
markbrown
You can grab the latest build here.

(Sorry, I should have included the link earlier.)
dlast
Thanks a lot. My document looks a lot better now.
But please, can you see it once more? The pdf has 2 pages and it should have only 1.
Maybe it is related to the problems that I experience in my real document where after a div with limited height I have a lot of white space (it seems that the rest of the page is blank, then it normally continues). This exact problem however I don't see in the newly attached test pdf, where the new paragraph at the bottom is just below X.
Also, I am actually fine with the overflow:hidden, but alternative similar styles seem to continue to have the problem, see the overflow-y:auto in the attachment or overflow-y:hidden or overflow:auto.
  1. overflow-hidden-002.html0.6 kB
    Test for overflow-y:auto
  2. overflow-hidden-002.pdf23.4 kB
    Test for overflow-y:auto prince-20170629
markbrown
Thanks, we will take a look at the extra page.

We don't support CSS3's overflow-x and overflow-y at the moment, just plain overflow, and since this is for print media the scroll and auto values are treated as visible rather than hidden.
ovidThomas
I'm kinda late to the party but the latest build also solves one of my problems with overflow: hidden.

However since markbrown's comment, 2 releases have appeared and 11.3 doesn't fix my problem.

Is the "overflow: hidden" a recent bugfix or did it "dodge" the last 2 releases? Also when is the upcoming release going to be shipped? :)
  1. overflow-hidden-003-v11.3.pdf23.2 kB
    Wrong. 2 pages.
  2. overflow-hidden-003-vLatest.pdf22.9 kB
    Looks good.
  3. overflow-hidden-003.html0.6 kB
    Original html
mikeday
The fix will be included in Prince 12 when that's ready, but there should be no problems with using the latest builds for the time being.
dlast
Thanks for pointing out that an additional fix (for the multiple pages) is present in the latest version. I didn't notice that.