Forum How do I...?

Content of the page body in front of content in page margin box

pestafo
Hi

I have a table of content which can span one or more pages. The toc pages definition has to contain a part which repeats on every toc page and is behind the content of the page body.

I tried to use a page margin box for the repeating part but its content is always in front of the content of the page body. Is there a way to change this order or is there an other way to achieve the desired result?

Thanks in advance for your support.
Peter
mikeday
If it's an image you could just make it a background image perhaps?
pestafo
Unfortunately it is not an image. But would the background image of a page margin box be behind the content of the page body?

I did set the z-index according to my needs but it didn't have an effect. I assume therefore that z-index is not working for page margin boxes and its content in regard to the page body content.
mikeday
Right, all the margin box content is drawn over the page body.
pestafo
Is there an other way to have repeating content (per actual page) which is not over the page body?
mikeday
We just added a @prince-overlay page region, but as the name suggests that's for watermarks that get drawn over the page body. Maybe we need a @prince-underlay page region too!
pestafo
Yep, that would be great!
dauwhe
From the spec

the page-margin boxes never interleave with parts of the document content or between the content and the canvas. They may only paint in front of the document content or behind the document canvas.