Forum How do I...?

Suppress very frequent popups "Incorrect Error Format" and "Unknown Error Type" ?

doug-jensen
Prince is generating many error messages in the log which I don't mind for now because it is creating usable PDFs. My concern is that the batch conversion stops until I click OK on every popup. I don't know if these popups are from Prince or Acrobat Pro.
Thank you,

Doug
  1. Prince error 1.png3.7 kB
mikeday
That's odd, can you try running Prince from the command-line and check the output log?

(Try running the prince.exe found in the Engine\bin folder of the Prince installation).
doug-jensen
Thank you. I'll do that Sunday. Background for this job: I save the description of a product I buy on Amazon (and eBay and vendor sites) by right-click "save as HTML" in my browser. I do the same for the order confirmation page. I have many hundreds of these pairs of pages. I wish to give these documents to someone so he can re-sell them on eBay after I die--he needs to know what they are and what I paid for them and when, so he can come up with an asking price. It is more of a hassle to give him the HTML files. Some of these products are from so far back that he may not be able to find them on Amazon, eBay, the web. Being Amazon et al. pages, obviously Prince is going to have many conversion errors--but it doesn't matter because Prince still manages to make .pdf's that meet my need. But these two pop-up error notices happen constantly and I have to click OK for conversion to continue. That is impractical for converting (say) a thousand pairs of Amazon pages.
mikeday
You can also email me (mikeday@yeslogic.com) one of the HTML files and I can do some tests here.