Forum How do I...?

Converting a Fixed Layout Epub: Any way to preserve the table of contents?

BaconCatBug
I have a fixed layout epub I am converting to PDF for personal use. It has a fully hyperlinked table of contents that link to the individual local xhtml pages which work when using the lose xhtml files. When I convert to PDF though, these all get changed 3 large random link blocks instead of each line being a link. Is there any way to preserve these links so I don't have to manually create hundreds of links?

Edited by BaconCatBug

mikeday
Are you using Prince to combine the multiple files into a single PDF? There is an issue on Windows where if the paths to the input files don't match the link path exactly then it will not be resolved correctly, which can be an issue for paths including ".."
BaconCatBug
I see. I shall try a virtual machine then.

Even on Linux the issue persists.

Yes, I am combining hundreds of individual XHTML files into a single PDF. They combine fine, it's just the internal links linking to other pages that are not preserved.

Edited by BaconCatBug

BaconCatBug
After some failed attempts, I think I found out what is happening. The links are not being resized correctly, something similar to this picture is happening. The black boxes are the links
  1. unknown.png14.9 kB
mikeday
That's very odd, do they have width/height properties applied or something? I cannot tell what is going on.
BaconCatBug
Derp. I think that might be the case.

span id="_idTextSpan745" class="Hyperlink CharOverride-9" style="position:absolute;top:8887.09px;left:5419.09px;letter-spacing:-0.93px;">

Sorry to have troubled you.