Forum Bugs

inline-block request serif font

codecrafter
Hi,

I ran across an anomaly on the generic Unix version of Prince 11.3. In my application I load all custom fonts and ensure that the html to convert only refers to those fonts. However, when specifying the display property of a div as "inline-block" it appears that Prince requests a "serif" font, which I do not define. When the display property is just 'block' no request for a serif font is done.

I can workaround by redefining the 'serif' font face to one of my custom fonts, but was curious if this is actually a bug.

Thanks,

Richard
mikeday
It is always necessary to ensure that a serif font is available as there are occasions when an anonymous block may be created with a default style that refers to it, although it is hard to say exactly what is happening in this specific situation without seeing the HTML and CSS.
codecrafter
Thanks.. Here's an attached html file that shows the anomaly. The CSS sets display to 'inline-block' and the debug out shows that a serif font is requested, although the only font reference in the html is to Open Sans, E.g.
<debug output>
prince: Converting document...
prince: debug: pack
prince: debug: font request: serif <----------------
prince: debug: font scan: Times New Roman
prince: debug: font scan: Times New Roman, 0 matches

If I remove the the css 'display: inline-block' so that the display is just 'block', the debug output is:

prince: Converting document...
prince: debug: pack
prince: debug: font request: Open Sans
prince: debug: font scan: Times New Roman
prince: debug: font scan: Times New Roman, 0 matches

Just curious. :-)

1. inlinetest.html0.5 kB
    html css
mikeday
The request for serif is for the white-space between the inline-blocks. If you put the three of them on the same line with no white-space between them, or put all of them inside a block which also has Open Sans, then it should not look for serif.
codecrafter
Thanks so much..