Forum Bugs

unresolved height in flex columns

adnanY
hi there,

sometimes while creating a pdf i get this internal error. it appears randomly with the same source file. also after giving that element a height.

Edited by adnanY

mikeday
Would you be able to email me (mikeday@yeslogic.com) a document that can trigger the error?
adnanY
thx in advance, here is the link:
http://wiebel-partner.de/mysbwytlbx/prince/pdfgenerator/prince-templateeditor.php?template=ady/prince&newTemplate=true&ordernumber=ady_prince

if you change "display" to "block" in the element.style of <div class="addressblock"> it will work.

in the js-console you get the message
"../pdfs/ady_prince_0.html: not created"
or
"../pdfs/ady_prince_0.html: created"

adnanY
btw: our new server has gentoo-linux. which buil we have to install?
mikeday
The Generic Linux build should work.
markbrown
Unfortunately we don't properly support nested flex containers yet, which is the problem in this case. Sorry for the abort, though! We'll try to fix this soon. Thanks for letting us know.

Edited by markbrown

adnanY
that means no support for:
<div style="display:flex">
<div style="display:flex"></div>

or also nested deeper like:
<div style="display:block">
<div style="display:flex"></div>
</div>
</div>
markbrown
You can't really rely on either of these just at the moment, although you might find that adding an intermediate block can sometimes workaround the problem with the abort.
clarkr
Hey Mark. I think I'm running into the same issue but I'm a bit confused by what the expectations are.

This post indicates that "we've also improved the performance of nested flex containers". But this thread makes it appear that nested flex containers are not supported at all.

Nested flex containers are a pretty big requirement for us so I'm wondering:

• What are the expectations with respect to nested flex box support?
  • If its not fully supported already, is there a timeframe for when it will be?
markbrown
Sorry for the confusion. Nested flexboxes sometimes work, using workarounds in some cases, and for some people that might suffice. We don't have a definitive list of what does and does not work at the moment, but you can expect anything that currently works will continue to work - please report any regressions that you come across.

Our priorities with regard to future work are summed up at the start of the roadmap. The timeframe for future work depends on this - please feel free to contact Michael (mikeday@yeslogic.com) if you need to discuss further.

Edited by markbrown

clarkr
Ok, thanks. I'll try and workaround and take it from there.