Forum Bugs

OpenBSD 6.2-support

tommys
I see there's a couple of old threads on this subject and I'd like to take the opportunity to revive it.

Any chance that we can get a working version for OpenBSD 6.2?

Currently the binaries for both FreeBSD and the generic ones outputs: "no closing quote". I guess this has something to do with OpenBSD loosing its compat_linux in 6.0

Thanks!
tommysk
I would like to give another try for this one. Would love a working release for the current OpenBSD version.
mikeday
Please try this new build:

prince-13.2-openbsd6.6-amd64.tar.gz
tommysk
Thanks for getting back to me.

Running on the current snapshot I get the following from the build:

*** Mercury runtime: caught segmentation violation ***
cause: address not mapped to object
address involved: 0x534d20736e
This may have been caused by a stack overflow, due to unbounded recursion.
exiting from signal handler
Segmentation fault (core dumped)
mikeday
Do you get this error when just running "prince --version"? Are you using OpenBSD 6.6?
tommysk
That would be:

prince --version
Prince 13.2
Copyright 2002-2019 YesLogic Pty. Ltd.
Non-commercial License

I'm on the OpenBSD snapshot, which builds on 6.6.
mikeday
What does it take to get it to crash, does a simple document like "<p>hello</p>" work? Does it require an image?
tommysk
If I create a document named test, with the content "<p>hello</p>", then run "prince test", the result is the same as above:

*** Mercury runtime: caught segmentation violation ***
cause: address not mapped to object
address involved: 0x132
This may have been caused by a stack overflow, due to unbounded recursion.
exiting from signal handler
Segmentation fault (core dumped)
wangp
OpenBSD -current is not supported. The prince-13.2-openbsd6.6-amd64.tar.gz package will only work on OpenBSD 6.6.

For one, a clean installation of an OpenBSD snapshot (20200208) will be missing these shared libraries:
  • libc.so.95.1
  • libcrypto.so.45.5
  • libssl.so.47.6
  • liblcms2.so.1.2
The libraries may be present on a system upgraded from OpenBSD 6.6, so prince will start but will not work correctly.
tommysk
Thanks for the swift reply as always!

In that case I understand why it doesn't work. I am tied to -current due to hardware, but will follow up on this when 6.7 is released.