Forum Bugs

Flex gap adding extra whitespace

krschmi
Hello,

I'm running into a few issues using gap and row-gap.

In the attached file, I have a content block with a row-gap between sections. Each section has a row-gap between its children. When I generate a PDF with Prince I'm seeing a few unexpected things.

- With Prince 15.3, I get "warning: unsupported properties: row-gap" so it looks like this isn't officially supported yet?
- With the latest version (20240222), row-gap is supported but I'm seeing extra whitespace added between the sections. The amount of additional whitespace seems proportional to the number of blocks in the previous section.

Any help with this would be much appreciated. Thank you!
Kevin
  1. gap-bug.html1.4 kB
  2. gap-bug.pdf26.5 kB

Edited by krschmi

markbrown
> With Prince 15.3, I get "warning: unsupported properties: row-gap" so it looks like this isn't officially supported yet?

It's officially supported now, although it's a recent addition and wasn't present at the time of the 15.3 release.

> With the latest version (20240222), row-gap is supported but I'm seeing extra whitespace added between the sections. The amount of additional whitespace seems proportional to the number of blocks in the previous section.

I can confirm this is a bug - we have a fix for it on the way. Thanks for the bug report!

Mark
mikeday
This issue should be fixed in the latest build, thanks again for letting us know!
krschmi
Much appreciated Mike, we will check it out!