Forum How do I...?

Khmer / cambodian

CrazyTux
Running into the following issue:
prince: page 1: warning: no font for Khmer character U+1783, fallback to U+2BD1 ⯑
prince: page 1: warning: no font for Khmer character U+17D2, fallback to U+2BD1 ⯑
prince: page 1: warning: no font for Khmer character U+179B, fallback to U+2BD1 ⯑
prince: page 1: warning: no font for Khmer character U+17B6, fallback to U+2BD1 ⯑
prince: page 1: warning: no font for Khmer character U+179F, fallback to U+2BD1 ⯑
prince: page 1: warning: no font for Khmer character U+1798, fallback to U+2BD1 ⯑
prince: page 1: warning: no font for Khmer character U+1782, fallback to U+2BD1 ⯑
prince: page 1: warning: no font for Khmer character U+17CB, fallback to U+2BD1 ⯑
prince: page 1: warning: no font for Khmer character U+1787, fallback to U+2BD1 ⯑
prince: page 1: warning: no font for Khmer character U+1797, fallback to U+2BD1 ⯑
prince: page 1: warning: no font for Khmer character U+1781, fallback to U+2BD1 ⯑
prince: page 1: warning: no font for Khmer character U+17C2, fallback to U+2BD1 ⯑
prince: page 1: warning: no font for Khmer character U+179A, fallback to U+2BD1 ⯑
prince: page 1: warning: no font for Khmer character U+1785, fallback to U+2BD1 ⯑
prince: page 1: warning: no font for Khmer character U+17C6, fallback to U+2BD1 ⯑
prince: page 1: warning: no font for Khmer character U+178E, fallback to U+2BD1 ⯑

Any ideas on how to solve this issue? The rendered PDF document is subsequently bad. I've tried taking Leelawadee UI (font) that Microsoft Word is reporting as the font and including it into the document.

Edited by CrazyTux

mikeday
Did specifying the Leelawadee UI font help? We can add a reference to this in the default fonts.css file in future releases.
CrazyTux
It did not help, I've added Leelawdee and Khmer and have not been able to resolve this issue. Your help is appreciated, thank you!
CrazyTux
***SOLUTION***

Adding this to prince fonts.css works:
@font-face {
    font-family: serif;
    src: prince-lookup("Khmer")
}

@font-face {
    font-family: serif;
    src: prince-lookup("Leelawadee UI")
}
mikeday
We have now added Khmer fonts to the default font families in the latest builds, and also the Noto font family for all scripts if it is available.
CrazyTux
Thank you!