Forum Documentation

ACID 3 Test?

Richard Middaugh
Greetings!

I was wondering if Prince was ever tested with ACID 3 (http://acid3.acidtests.org/), and if so, how much it supports.

Any information that could be given would be appreciated!
mikeday
Prince doesn't yet support JavaScript, which the Acid3 test uses heavily, so we're not quite ready to try this yet. :)
Ives Laaf
mikeday wrote:
Prince doesn't yet support JavaScript, which the Acid3 test uses heavily, so we're not quite ready to try this yet. :)

just wondering, how far is that topic by now?

regards,
ives
mikeday
JavaScript was not a focus for the 7.0 release. Is it something that you are interested in? Passing the Acid3 test would be cool, but there are many other features to implement that may be more useful for people in the short-term. :)
Ives Laaf
mikeday wrote:
Is it something that you are interested in?

sure, there are quite a few much more interesting features on the roadmap than support for java script... like the page-break stuff and so on ;) so this would be quite low prio for me - i asked just out of curiosity...
mikeday
We try to adjust the priority of the development roadmap according to customer requirements and technical considerations. Basically that means we will do something quicker if it is easier to do, or if many people are asking for it. Funny thing is, the more features we implement, the longer the roadmap gets. :)
jim_albright
"As our circle of knowledge expands, so does the circumference of darkness surrounding it."
— Albert Einstein

Thank you for making a great tool.

As we see that you could handle the last request, it gives us hope that you can do the next request also.

As applied to Prince:

As our circle of features expands, so does the the circumference of possible new features surrounding it.

Jim Albright
Wycliffe Bible Translators

jim_albright
"As our circle of knowledge expands, so does the circumference of darkness surrounding it."
— Albert Einstein

Thank you for making a great tool.

As we see that you could handle the last request, it gives us hope that you can do the next request also.

As applied to Prince:

As our circle of features expands, so does the the circumference of possible new features surrounding it.

Jim Albright
Wycliffe Bible Translators