Forum Feature requests

calc

mhund
Creating responsive documents sometimes need the CSS calc to get an easy and nice layout. However, sometime, we would like to convert them to PDF.
Please support the CSS calc in a future version.
markbrown
Yes, calc would be nice. It is currently on our roadmap.
pablonolla
Yes, please!! it would be much appreciated.
hcca2000
I just came here to request the same thing. Please can this be added?
mikeday
We are working on calc() now! :D

We will release it later this year.
mikeday
We have now released a latest build that supports calc() for the width and height properties and we will support it on other properties soon!
pablonolla
Excellent news! Thank you!
pablonolla
Hi !
I'm about to start a new project for which calc() expressions would be a great help (for adjusting images –sizes and margins– to the grid).
Checking the Roadmap i see that calc() is supported for width and height properties since 2020-07-06...
AND also for margins and paddings since 2020-07-09 !! Fantastic.
But, as the latest build for Mac is named 20020706, i'm guessing it doesn't support calc() on margins-paddings yet.
Question is: Are you planning to release a new build that would include that in the near future?
If so, i think i would rather wait for it and start the project with calc() from scratch, refactoring the CSS.

Thank you!!!!
mikeday
We will release updated builds with more calc() support, yes.
mikeday
Today we have an updated latest build of Prince that extends calc() support to margins, padding, position offsets, background and border properties, color values, and vertical alignment.
pablonolla
Really great news.
Thank you!
mikeday
We have a new latest build that adds calc() support for the letter/word-spacing properties, the font-size, font-weight, and line-height properties, column properties, box/text-shadow properties, and support for angle units in the hsl(), hsla(), and linear-gradient() functions.