Forum How do I...?

turn off hyphenation across pages

jbzech
I've logged a request for this before, and I just thought I'd check in.

While I have had great success with Prince, the one persistent problem I have is hyphenation across pages. Our house style does not permit this practice, but I do not believe there is a global way to stop it. I have a workaround in which I script regex that add a no-hyphen span around the offending words when I see them, but it is time consuming and inefficient.

I am using 7.1, but I read through the features of Prince 8 and didn't see any mention of this.

Is there a potential fix on the way for this? Is it something that can be addressed?

Thanks,

jz
jim_albright
I too need this. It is on the roadmap.

Investigate method for controlling hyphenation at the end of right-facing pages, and other hyphenation improvements. (ref, ref, ref)

http://www.princexml.com/roadmap

Jim Albright
Wycliffe Bible Translators

jbzech
Thanks for pointing that out. I would also like to stop hyphenation on left pages, but I'll take right-pages only as a start.
jim_albright
I think they are looking at all hyphens at column level. That would handle left, right, and column.

Jim Albright
Wycliffe Bible Translators

hughmcguire
just adding our voice to this request -- this is a serious show-stopper for many of the potential clients (traditional publishers) of a PressBooks+Prince system.