Forum How do I...?

Configure crop mark margins

mrplough
Hi all,

Is it possible to configure the size of the margin that appears outside the crop marks when you have them enabled? I only seem to be able to change the margin of the content inside them.

Many thanks in advance.
mikeday
Yes, try the prince-bleed property.
mrplough
Many thanks for the speedy reply Mikeday,

I should have mentioned this before but what I need to configure is the automatic margin (possibly trim space, I'm not 100% on the terminology) that appears on the outside of the crop marks automatically, rather than the distance that the crop marks should extend in to my page contents (which is what I believe is the bleed).
mikeday
Oh, right. I don't think we currently have a method of doing that; perhaps adding a "prince-trim" property would make sense?
mrplough
A prince-trim property would be perfect Mike!
mikeday
The prince-trim property has been added to Prince 6.0 rev 6, available now.
mentat
Would it be possible to make prince-trim TRBL instead of vertical/horizontal? Some publishers need to fix the trim on a certain side, regardless of the printed area on a physical paper.

This also might come close to addressing crop marks with margin-inside/outside pages. Where cropping a "page" in a larger physical sheet the crop marks would shift depending on left or right facing pages.
mikeday
Sounds like a logical extension to the trim property, we'll take a look at this.