Forum How do I...?

PSD (Photoshop) images

adriencater
Photoshop PSD (and Photoshop EPS, and Photoshop PDF) are the only formats which support Duotone images (amongst other things).

I'm a bit disappointed since I was hoping to print our Annual Report using Duotones. I'm seeing if there's a way to translate the color channels of a duotone to arbitrary color channels in a CMYK file, then ask the printer to substitute the appropriate inks at press. (I'm using this approach for spot colors elsewhere in the document, specifying items with a Cyan ink value, and then instruct the printer to use a specific pantone color instead)
adriencater
adriencater wrote:
I'm seeing if there's a way to translate the color channels of a duotone to arbitrary color channels in a CMYK file, then ask the printer to substitute the appropriate inks at press.

Found a temporary solution doing just that: It appears I can convert my Duotone file to Multichannel, and then copy-paste the individual greyscale channels of the duotone->multichannel image into the desired channels of an empty CMYK document – I just hope Photoshop's Duotone to Multichannel conversion is clean and predictable.
mikeday
If you are interested in testing an updated build of Prince with support for named colors, please email me (mikeday@yeslogic.com). It's something we would like to support better, but it's an advanced feature and not many people understand it.
mikeday
Now we have released Prince 8.1, with support for named spot colors using a new @prince-color CSS rule. Documentation will be available soon. :)
jess_burnett
Will this now I have a way to output a CMYK PDF and use the RGB color scheme I'm given for web? Do you have any documentation yet? :D
mikeday
Prince will not automatically convert from RGB to CMYK, but you can specify the colors yourself using the cmyk() function.
marzaq
I want to use these 5 spot colors:
pantone 7600 c 100% = cmyk(29.02%, 81.83%, 86.98%, 26.8%) According to adobe illustrator
pantone 7600 c 30% = cmyk(8.76%, 24.71%, 26.26%, 8.09%) According to adobe illustrator
pantone 3288 c 100% = cmyk(100%, 23.37%, 72.72%, 9.4%) According to adobe illustrator
pantone 3288 c 30% = cmyk(30.2%, 7.06%, 21.96%, 2.84%) According to adobe illustrator
black
I need pdf to be in this colors, what I can do please?

1. indexwithSVGInIMGtag.htm108.6 kB
    this is 2 pages of the book