Forum How do I...?

Solaris port

willshao
Is there any Solaris solution for Prince or any way to run Prince remotely from a Solaris server? Thanks.
mikeday
Currently Prince only runs on Windows, Linux and MacOS/X. We may also offer a Solaris/x86 version in the future.
troz101
just wondering if there has been any progress made on the solaris port and if there is a timeframe at all?
mikeday
Not yet, we have added support for FreeBSD, but at the moment we are building Prince packages on virtual servers using VMware, and that won't work for Solaris/Sparc. Perhaps we could set up an OpenSolaris/x86 build though; would that be useful?
troz101
Open Solaris/x86 is actually exactly what I am looking for.
mikeday
In that case it looks as if we should be able to set up an OpenSolaris/x86 server running under VMware. I've added this to the roadmap for the next release.
troz101
thanks, that would be great.
scottporad
Excellent!

When is the next release scheduled to ship?
mikeday
Lately we have been shipping maintenance releases every one or two months, so it should be ready before the end of the year.
mikeday
Now that we are looking at building an OpenSolaris/x86 package for Prince, which distributions of OpenSolaris are people using? We want to ensure library compatibility with the most common version.
andrewm
we are using:

SunOS 5.11 snv_67 i86pc i386 i86pc

This is on a Intel x86 machine.
mikeday
Today we have released Prince 6.0 rev 5, with a package available for Solaris 10 (x86).